Jeff Bezos Biography
Jeff Bezos is the founder of the world-famous Amazon and is said to be one of the largest and most successful online markets in the world. There have been a lot of talks about who is the richest person in the world recently, and Jeff Bezos net worth has been fluctuating recently.
According to CNBC, Bezos graduated from Princeton University in 1986 with a degree in computer science and worked for a telecommunications startup called Fitel. Bezos also worked for a number of Wall Street firms, including Bankers Trust and D.E. Xiao.
Bezos became the world’s richest man last summer when his net worth (then about $90 Billion at the time) surpassed Microsoft founder Bill Gates. Forbes reported that Gates has used most of his wealth for charity, and now Jeff Bezos Net Worth 2019 is $157.7 Billion.
Like many of the wealthiest people in the world, Jeff Bezos’s net assets are directly related to his company’s performance in the stock market. Bezos has about 16% of Amazon, and Amazon stocks have been soaring. The price of Amazon’s single stock is currently priced at more than $1,700, up from $1,000 in October last year.
- First Name: Jeff
- Middle Name: Preston
- Last Name: Bezos
- Full Name at Birth: Jeff Preston Bezos
- Alternative Name: Jeff Bezos
- Age: 55 years
- Birthday: 12th January, 1964
- Birthplace: Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Build: Slim
- Eye Color: Brown – Dark
- Hair Color: Bald
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Sexuality: Straight
- Ethnicity: White
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Chairman and CEO of Amazon.com
- Jeff Bezos Net Worth 2019: $157.7 Billion
In 1993, Jeff Bezos married MacKenzie Bezos, who previously worked with D. E. Shaw. When Jeff Bezos was ready to start Amazon, She was there by his side; in fact, MacKenzie negotiated the company’s first shipping contract. Although they have been working together, they are also building their own families, and their four children – three sons and one daughter – have joined the family.
- Jeff Bezos Wife: MacKenzie Bezos (m. 1993; div. 2019)
- Jeff Bezos Father: Ted Jorgensen
- Jeff Bezos Mother: Jacklyn Gise Jorgensen
- Jeff Bezos Children:
Here are Some Facts About Their Family:
- The couple got engaged three months after they met for the first time in 1992.
- Although they have three sons, Jeff Bezos and his wife adopted their daughter from China.
- The family has been involved in charitable activities and they have been immersed in billions of dollars.
- The Bloomberg Billionaire Index lists Jeff Bezos as one of the richest people in the world 2019. The Harvard Business Review named him the second best CEO in the world.
- Bezos and his wife for 25 years, MacKenzie Bezos announced on Twitter that they intend to divorce after “long-term” separation.
- On April 4, 2019, the divorce was finalized. Jeff Bezos retained 75% of the couple’s Amazon stock, while MacKenzie received the remaining 25% of Amazon’s stock ($35.6 billion).
How Much is Jeff Bezos Net Worth 2019?
Jeff Bezos was officially designated the richest person on earth with a registered net worth of $157.7 billion. Bezos unseated Bill Gates ($100.9 Billion) who was $11 billion ahead of Warren Buffett ($86.9 Billion), ranked third. The Richest person on earth, jeff bezos tops forbes, billionaires list this year for the first time. According to Forbes, Jeff Bezos Net Worth 2019 is $157.7 billion.
Here’s how the amazon founder went from a seattle grace.
- 1994: In the early days of ecommerce, bezos – a former hedge fund manager with a penchant for “bold bets” launches online book store amazon.com from his garage.
- 1995: With a million titles, it becomes the world’s largest bookseller despite having no inventory. Just two years after taking Amazon public, Bezos debuts on Forbes’ Billionaires list as Amazon begins to spread its tentacles.
- 1999: His net worth: $10.1 billion, thanks to a 5,600% increase in Amazon Stock as the dot-com bubble grows.
- 2000: Amazon Still has yet to turn a profit, but bezos continues to shoot for the moon. He starts blue origin, a privately funded aerospace and spaceflight services company. The bubble bursts and Bezos sees his Fortune tumble to $2 Billion.
- 2001: He still manages to end the year on the upside: In late 2001, Amazon turns a profit for the first time.
- 2005: Fully recovered from the dot-com crash, Bezos launches Amazon Prime. His net worth has recovered too. At $4.1 Billion, he’s richer than Richard Branson and Steve Jobs
- 2006: Bezons Moves the ever-frowing Amazon into cloud Computing, launching Amazon Web Services.
- 2007: Amazon introduces the first Kindle ereader and the AmazonFresh grocery delivery service.
- 2009: Amazon buys online shoe retailer Zappos for $1.2 Billion in cash and stock.
- 2010: As ebook sales surpass hardcover sales, Bezon’ net worth nearly doubles in a year, to $12.3 Billion, pushing him past Carl Icahn and rupert Murdoch.
- 2013: Despite operating at basically zero profit, Amazon stock crosses the $200 mark for the first time in July. Then, Bezos Buys the Washington Post – a money losing asset – For $250 million. yet His meteoric rise Continues as Amazon investors cheer his long-term mindset. Bezos becomes the 19th richest person in the world, at $25.2 Billion, passing Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
- 2017: Amazon agrees to buy Whole Foods for $13.7 billion in June. The next month, with a spike in Amazon stock, Bezos overtakes Bill Gates. He’s the richest person in the world – for a few hours, at least. Gates quickly regains the top spot as Amazon stock cools. Then, on October 27th, a surge in Amazon’s share price adds $10 Billion to Bezos’ fortune in a single day. Bezos, at $93.1 billion, blows past Bill Gates ($90 Billion). A monster Cyber Monday pushes Amazon Stock even higher, propelling Bezos’ net worth beyond the $100 Billion mark for the first time. By Now Gates, at $89.4 Billion, is far in the rearview mirror.
- 2018: Bezos remains the richest person in the world, with a cool $112 Billion. He has added $39.2 billion to his net worth in just one year’s time.
And, at age 54, he has plenty of bold bets – and potential billion – to come.
Earnings & Financial Data
- Earnings 2011 ($6.5 Million)
Earning Turned Donation 2012 ($2,500,000) In July, 2012, Bezos and his wife reportedly donated $250 million to pass a same-sex marriage referendum in Washington
Earning Turned Donation 2012 ($16,000) Since 1977 to Sept 2012, Bezos donated a total of $16 thousand to US Democrats
- Earning Turned Donation 2012 ($2,000) Since 1977 to Sept 2012, Bezos donated a total of $2 thousand to US Republicans
- Earning Turned Donation 2012 ($55,000) Since 1977 to Sept 2012, Bezos donated a total of $55 thousand to Special Interests
- Salary 2013 ($1,680,000) Total compensation from Amazon
- Asset 2013 ($250,000,000) Amount paid by Bezos for the purchase of Washington Post
- Earning Turned Donation 2013 ($42,000,000) Amount given to fund the first full-scale “Clock of the Long Now”
- Sale of Asset 2013 ($260,000,000) In Nov 2013, he earned around $260 million for selling 1 million shares of Amazon