Michael Essien Biography
Michael Essien Net Worth 2019 – Michael Kojo Essien is a Ghanaian professional footballer. He has also been capped for the Ghana national team more than 50 times. Essien started his career playing for Liberty Professionals in Ghana. According To Forbes, Michael Essien Net Worth 2019 is $35 Million. After playing on his local side and the French club Lyon, he signed with Chelsea for £24.4 million, then a record amount for an African footballer, and a record for the club. He was born in Accra, Ghana.
- First Name: Michael
- Middle Name: Kojo
- Last Name: Essien
- Full Name: Michael Kojo Essien
- Alternative Name: Mickaël Essien
- Age: 35 years
- Birthday: 3rd December, 1982
- Birthplace: Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
- Height: 5′ 9½” (177 cm)
- Build: Athletic
- Eye C: Brown – Dark
- Hair C: Black
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Sexuality: Straight
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Ethnicity: Black
- Nationality: Ghanaian
- Profession: Professional Athlete
- Michael Essien Net Worth 2019: $35 Million
- Claim to Fame: Chelsea FC
- In late 2012, he went on loan to Real Madrid and played under coach Jose Mourinho . He was named Chelsea’s Player of the Year in 2006-07 and helped the team win two Premier League titles and four FA Cups during his time with the club.
- Michael Essien is the first African to win Chelsea’s Player of the Year title – He must win the eponymous title in the Premier League. His contribution to the 2000 to 2007 season made him known as Chelsea Player of the Year, but his fans confirmed the title on May 15, 2007. In the game against Arsenal, Michael Essien scored a balanced goal, known as Chelsea goals this season.
- Talented midfielder who played for Chelsea from 2005 to 2014 then joined AC Milan; became part of Ghana’s national team in 2002.
- Michael Essien is the richest football player in Ghana – Michael Austin, as you have seen above, Michael Essien is one of the very high-paying African football players. His talents have reached an agreement with the world’s top football teams, gaining company recognition, and being loaned to other teams with deals such as Adidas, including what the football player can do with his talents.
- Michael Essien is the founder of the Michael Essien Foundation – a charitable organization for profit. It operates in Ghana and aims to provide opportunities for people living in disadvantaged groups for some reason to change their lives. Ideally. It runs community-based projects and works to improve people’s lives by implementing activities or projects that produce results that address social issues. Michael Essien’s wife, Akosua Puni Essien, runs the foundation as a manager and public relations officer.
- His father (James Essien) is a football player – well, it seems that these genes run through the family. His father played for the Gold Coast football team when he was young, and he was still an avid football fan even in his later years.
How Much is Michael Essien Net Worth 2019?
In 2019, Michael Essien Net Worth 2019 is $35 Million. He is the most richest football player in Ghana and one point in his life, was the highest paid in Africa as a continent.
Earnings & Financial Data
- Transfer Fees 2003 ($16,900,000) Transfer fee from SC Bastia to Olympique Lyon
- Transfer Fees 2005 ($54,900,000) Transfer fee from Olympique Lyon to Chelsea
- Contract 2005 ($41,710,000) In 2005, he signed for Chelsea with a fee of £24.4 million
- Salary 2011 ($5,500,000) Estimated salary as of April 2011
- Salary 2012 ($6,600,000) Estimated salary as of May 2012
- Salary 2014 ($3,380,000) Earnings per season until 2015